The first days into a new year are always so exciting! It’s like coming home from an art supply store excursion, with armfuls of new canvases, fresh brushes, and tubes of paint to restock the studio, and I am just eager to put them to use to reveal their potential.
2013, I like you already — mostly because I can appreciate what 2012 has brought: unexpected discoveries, unbelievable opportunities, and sheer happiness in doing what I love – and I know this year has more of this in store for me. 2012 will always be remembered as the year I followed my dreams and never looked back. Below, I’ve compiled just a few of the highlights that have made 2012 the best year so far. 2013, you have one tough act to follow.
• Junk & PO has participated in 15 art shows in 2012! Here are a few of them:
L-R: Arte Fresca’s “Good vs. Evil” Show, Arte Fresca’s “It’s Not Easy Being Green Show”, and Fashion Week San Diego + RAW Artists “The Art and Beauty Behind Fashion”
Top: Graffiti Beach Showcase, RAW Artist’s “Activate” Showcase
Bottom: Pacific San Diego’s “The Art Event”, Chrome Digital’s One Year Celebration Show
• In March, I stumbled upon the world of Fashion Photography and fell madly in love with it. Here are some of my works within the first couple months of jumping into this new medium and some behind-the-scenes shots:
• Turning 26! I always consider my birthday a highlight because it’s an excuse to get all my lovely friends together for wine and nomnoms. ;)
• In June, Gabe and I celebrated our 2nd year anniversary! To keep with tradition, we visited several wineries in Temecula for wine tastings. In 2013, we hope to be getting ourselves lost in one of these European vineyards.
• A rewarding part of this incredible journey is meeting incredible people. Working with the creators of FashionGun.com has been a blast!
• Ok, this next highlight should really deserves its own blog! (Edit: Oh wait, there already is one: MahalStyle.com!) In July, Mahal Style has recognized me as being “one of the best new fashion photographers in San Diego” and asked me to join their team as Principle Photographer. I was, and still am, extremely honored to be a part of SD’s most talented and innovative group of creatives!
Since then, I have been involved in projects that have all been boundary-breaking and life-changing for me, including a promotional series of photography for Spanish director Miguel Angel Font Bisier’s fashion film, “Heraion: In Search of Life”. I have grown so much (both creatively and personally) in just a few short months with working my Mahal Style family! Here is just a taste of it all:
• On Sept. 8, the love of my life proposed! I cannot even put into words how elated I was when Gabe surprised me with a beautiful, custom-designed ring after a fancy dinner in Solare’s private wine room. Eep! I really am the luckiest girl in the universe. :)
• Being published was an added bonus of this year, too! Though it’s not my main goal to get published, it definitely is a great feeling to get recognized for my team’s hard work and passion. :)
• See this sexy man right here? I know, I swoon every time I see him, too. ;) On Christmas Eve, Gabe received a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity — and though I can’t say much right now — let’s just say this will make following our dreams a little easier. I’m SOOO proud of him!
• Have I mentioned that meeting these people were one of the best things all year?! I have an abundance of gratitude for them as many things would not be possible without this fascinating pool of awesomesauceness. I love them all.
• Last but not least, the greatest highlight of this year is that Gabe, the kitties, and I are all in good health! None of the events above would matter, nor would they be even possible, if we weren’t mentally and physically balanced. This goes unsaid most days, but I am very grateful for our health. :)
Cheers to another amazing, fruitful year ahead of us! :)